Who We Are

We're just a group of techy teenagers working on integrating technology into our everyday education throughout our school district.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Google Reflections

WOW. That's just about all I can say. I didn't really know what we were in for when we were first told that Google was coming to see us, but I can say it was really nothing like I expected.  The whole day was really relaxed, I didn't feel like the Creek Squad was trying hard to be something we weren't. Thanks to Mrs. Zimmerman to telling us that we should just go ahead and be ourselves, because that's who Google came to see, not some totally perfect and quiet kids. I mean, even the Google guys were relaxed. I enjoyed the cameraman's shirt that read, "The internet was down, so I decided to come outside today." Man, there are days, especially in the summer, when I can definitely relate to that.

I loved just hanging out and being techy, I mean... it's what we're best at. It's not that we only hung out with Google either, we held a seminar for teachers to come in and learn more about Google Documents and Sites. We held our usual Creek Squad meeting, and discussed new technologic findings and ideas. It was great, and I can't wait to see the finished product. Maybe they'll come back to check up on us again!

~ Cooper Horning


As you probably already know, Google came to our school to interview and learn more about the Creek Squad. While they were here, they interviewed us, recorded one of our meetings, and recorded us training some teachers. This was a great experience for the Creek Squad and I thought it made us realize some things that we had never really realized before.

-Moriah Johnson


On the 10th of March, Google came to CCA Middle School to film the Creek Squad. They interviewed us and then filmed us having somewhat of a normal day... If normal is having a camera crew follow you to the lunch room!!! :) Then they filmed us having a normal meeting, and also they recorded us training a few teachers. It was very exciting!!! I was kind of nervous, but not that bad. It surprised me :)
~Lauren Judge

1 comment:

  1. I'd be very interested in skyping or talking with you to get this started in Waukee! email me ian.cleanfreak@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete